Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dans une nutshell...

As I was reading my friend Sarah's blog today, I noticed that she posted a list of random facts about herself. While I've already posted the "25 Random Facts" bulletin on Facebook, I still felt compelled to post again on here with no "25" rule (could be more.. could be less.. read on to find out). Also, my mom doesn't have Facebook, and I'm almost certain that she's the only person who checks my blog regularly; thus, this is the only place my mother, who already knows everything about me, will be able to read my "Random Facts". (Maybe you'll find some surprises, Mom!) So, since I know you're sitting with bated breath at the edge of your seat, let's get this show on the road:

1. I was constantly being fussed at in my high school classes for "doodling" while the teacher was talking. Everyone always thinks it means I'm not paying attention, but, really, I just have trouble focusing on one thing at a time.

2. I am a pretty laid back person as it pertains to most things, but I get extreme anxiety when I get lost. I once called my dad in tears because I was lost in San Marcos. When he asked what I saw around me, all I said (between sobs) was "Trees!". I still get stressed out just thinking about it.

3. When I was little, my parents had to take me to the emergency room for sticking a pebble up my nose. Yep, a pebble. What compelled me to do this? I still don't know.

4. In 3rd grade I wrote a paper for school on how I wanted to be just like Reba McIntire, and we sent it to her. She never wrote back. Rude!

5. I could watch ridiculous videos and read funny blogs online literally all day. I'm a sucker for anything that's even remotely funny. Even if it's not funny, but it's trying to be, I'll laugh. Because, I mean, what's more funny than something that's trying to be funny, but isn't?

6. The "That's what she said..." joke never gets old to me. Ever. I'm almost positive that I will still think it's funny 50 years from now.

7. After I finished with Drill Team my senior year in high school, I told my dad that the next time I ran it would be because someone was chasing me with a knife. And I was serious. Now, I love to run. Funny how things work out.

8. When I'm around my BFF, Chelsea, we immediately revert back to our 3rd grade selves, in that we act like 10 year olds. I like that about us.

9. I gauge whether or not a guy is "datable" on one question: "When my completely goofy side comes out (refer to #8), will I have to worry that he will break up with me?" Chelsea and I have had this discussion about every guy we've dated.

10. Believe it or not, I'm actually a shy person; although, I don't usually come across that way because I'm constantly giving myself pep talks when around people I don't know very well: "You're a rockstar! Everyone wants to meet you! Everything you have to say is interesting!"

11. I have a birthmark on my knee. When I was little, I thought it was shaped like the USA. It looks nothing like the USA.

12. I still squeal like a little school girl at the sight of the New Kids on the Block. I know this because I saw them last October. When I told my mom I was going to the concert, her response was "Ok, after the concert, can you finally move on?" The answer is "no". At age 25, I still haven't given up hope that Joe McIntyre is my soul mate. (or, more acurately, I haven't given up hope that he will realize that he's my soul mate.)

13. One of my favorite things in the world to do is sing and dance to show tunes with my mom- loudly, obnoxiously, and often. My dad and brother LOVE it and practically beg us to force them to join in. They don't have to say it, we can see it in their eyes.

14. I love talking to people who are just now reading Twilight. I feel like I'm in on a huge secret that they know nothing about. Then, they finish the 4th book, and it's not fun anymore.

15. I am the reason stores have sales. I could go into a store not planning to buy anything, and come out with hundreds of things I "saved money" on. Even I don't get the logic, but I fall for it every time.

16. One of my favorite parts of doing yoga with Lindsey is getting out of class and discussing all of the ridiculousness that takes place in those 60 minutes. Oh the things you see and hear in yoga class.

17. I get really excited when I'm driving down I-10 and can finally see Winnie. I always have. I'm one of those weirdos who actually loves her small town.

18. Writing is one of my favorite things to do. I get excited after formulating a really strong, great sentence.

19. I think I may have lived in ancient Egypt in a former life. Not to make assumptions, but I might have been Cleopatra- for many reasons: 1. I love cats 2. I have always loved ancient Egyptian history 3. I love to draw (cave paintings, duh!)

20. I have twin freckles on the inside of my right arm. When I bend my elbow, the two freckles come together like a perfect stamp. I bet all you dark skinned people out there wish you were a ginger kid so you could do that, too.

Ok, so, 20 seems like a good amount. Making that list is a lot harder than I thought! I don't have much else to say today, except that I'm in the process of making a lot of (exciting) changes in my life that have been in the works for several months, so stay tuned for updates! (See how I draw you in to my blog by leaving you hanging... it's like a commercial.)

Also, shout out to my beautiful friend, Jennifer Dean, who I met at church camp in 7th grade and have been best friends with ever since. She and her boyfriend (fiance), Troy, just got engaged. Yay, Jennifer and Troy! I can't wait to be a part of your very special day. :)

That's all for now. Have a great day in cyber space!

3 comments:

Sarah Coker said...

hahaha!!! Nice work friend! You are full of interesting tidbits! See you tonight at First Tuesday Prayer? Or Sunday? Or Monday for sure!!

Mr. Alford said...

This is kind of a perfect blog post, yes? (Especially the Frenglish title.)

Just now found your reference to me in your December 10 post :( Sorry I'm late to notice.

Talk with you soon.

Julie said...

Yay Reba!