...or, 10 reasons you should be jealous of me.
Let me begin my post by saying how much I really and sincerely love my job. I adore my students, even when I kinda don't... I get to "put on a show" every day while trying to make multiplication/TAKS Test prep/Complete Subjects and Predicates fun... Kids really do, as Cosby says, say the darnedest things... I get the satisfaction of, on sporatic occasions, seeing the proverbial light bulb go off in a student who just couldn't seem to "get it"...
That being said,
MY SPRING BREAK BEGINS AT 12:27 P.M. TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In honor of this joyous, joyous occasion, I have compiled a list of things I may do while all of my dear, sweet, non-teacher friends are sitting in their offices/cubes... Here, friends, is something for you to read during your lunch break:
1. Sleep late. Ride my bike around Winnie while narrowly avoiding large (and small) dogs; because, unlike in Austin, people in the country like to let their animals roam free and without collars.
2. Sleep late. Finish the 4 books I've started this school year but have yet to finish due to my extreme ADD when it comes to reading... unless, of course, it's Twilight or Jen Lancaster, in which case I will close myself up in my room and read and read until I'm finished.
3. Sleep late. Meet my parents/friends for lunch and talk about what the "other people" are doing... or make fun of my non-teacher friends/family who have to go back to work after our lunch-o-fun. (I promise to at least change out of my pajamas/sweats so as not to rub it in too much.... but I may tell you that I just changed so that I may rub it in a little...)
4. Sleep late. Art. Because I need to and I rarely have time after school. And because I need to make that dolla-dolla bill off of all this stuff I've had framed but haven't shown to anyone.
5. Sleep late. Go to museums and mingle with the other teachers who are bringing their own children, or with the desperate housewives who are trying to figure out what to do with their kids now that they, too, are on spring break.
6. Sleep late. Go to the beach. I figure I live pretty close to it, and drive almost all the way down there for work every day anyway, so I might as well. Plus, I've had a little bit of a hankering to go for a while.
7. Sleep late. Clean out my downstairs storage closet. No, it doesn't sound fun... but it needs to be done. (This should make you feel better, office friends. Be glad you're not cleaning out a storage closet right now...)
8. Sleep late. Take a nap. You know, because spring break is exhausting...
9. Sleep late. Play tennis with Whitney. Because I figure that, since she is the most awesome Tennis Pro to ever live, and since she's practically Venus Williams, I should probably take advantage and brush up on my skills.
10. Sleep late. Watch daytime television. Because I wonder what the ladies of The View are up to these days...
There you have it, folks-- ten things I will be doing next week while you're at work. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your week, because I know I will be enjoying mine.... sleeping late.