Monday, November 7, 2011

The 7th Day of Thanks

... Similar to the 7th Day of Christmas, minus the swans-a-swimmin'... and the song... and gifts, in general. So, really nothing like that at all.


As I begin my 7th entry in my list of reasons to be thankful, I'm torn between two topics. The good news: I don't have to think too long and hard to come up with a topic for tomorrow! So, that being said, topic number 8, know that you were so close to being topic 7...

Today, I am thankful for my students. I feel so blessed to have a job from which I can leave some most every day feeling as though I have accomplished something "worth it". My students have taught me so much about myself, my job, and life in general, and they continue to enlighten me daily. Even on the days when it seems as though I've said the same thing 100,000 times and no one is listening, or when I have to give a lecture on the importance of respect for yourself and others, I can truly say that I care deeply for each and every one of the young men and women in my class, and only hope that I teach them as much as they teach me. Because there is no doubt in my mind that I would not be the person I am today without the students who have sat in my classroom over the past 3 years, I do not feel that I could go another day without making mention of them in my blog. So, here's to you, kids! And, don't think this gets you out of writing any essays...

Goodnight, cyberspace! See ya on Day 8!

No comments: