Sunday, November 6, 2011

The 6th Day of Thanks

On this, the 6th day of November, I add number 6 of my "thankful list":

Today, I am thankful for my "aunt", LouAnn Rainey. LouLou, as we call her, is one of the most giving and loving people I've ever known. Because of a tragedy that took my mother's biological sister before I was born, my brother and I never had the opportunity to have a relationship with our maternal aunt. Knowing this, LouAnn, who has been my mom's best friend since they were born, assumed the aunt role and has been dedicated to that position for 28 years. She has celebrated with Dallas and me through all of our great milestones, been a shoulder to cry on and a source of support through the difficult times, and has been the friend we can go to when we need an adult, but don't want to tell our parents. (*wink-wink) I can always count on her when I need a sushi night, work advice, a home cooked meal, or a friend. I feel so blessed that God gave us LouAnn when he knew our Aunt Kelly couldn't be there, and I can't imagine my life without her being such a huge part of it. Thank you for everything you do, LouLou! I'm so extremely thankful for you!!

Thanks for reading, friends. Try to not to lose too much sleep in an effort to contain your excitement for DAY 7!

Hasta manana!

No comments: