Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome to the bandwagon. We've got chocolate.

This week has been one of bandwagon jumping for me. It all started with the movie Twilight. Before you start judging me, or jumping to conclusions, you should know that I did not want to see the movie. Frankly, I thought that people's (and by "people" I mean "high school girls") obsession with this "Edward Cullen" character was a bit ridiculous. Then, I saw the movie. After much toiling over the subject, I broke down and started reading the books. While I am fully aware that this makes me a 16 year old in a 24 year old's body, my interest in these books has moved beyond "pleasure reading" to full on obsession. Maybe the book is laced with drugs? Maybe it has secret undertones hidden in the text (I should try reading it backward...) that brainwash unsuspecting readers? Maybe it is linked to the occult? Whatever the case, I love Edward Cullen, and I don't care who knows it!

Moving on...

Bandwagon number 2: Obviously, this blog. (Welcome, by the way.) The idea of starting a blog is one I've been toying with for a little while now. I tend to believe that my opinion on things is, obviously, the best one, so why not share that opinion with everyone... after drawing you all in with secret undertones hidden in the text. (I've been reading Twilight, don't mess with me.) While this blog is sure to be riveting beyond belief, and full of very intelligent, educated, and witty comments, be warned that my life is also somewhat boring... which will be evident in upcoming posts. (This shouldn't be a problem considering Americans-- including myself --seem to be drawn in by reality tv shows such as Keeping up with the Kardashians, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, and Brody Jenner's Bromance-- seriously, Brody?) So, anyway, keep reading if you're interested.. and, if not, then don't. I'll still post on here while assuming that everyone is checking daily for updates.

So, that's all I have for now. Other than to tell you that my Adobe Creative Suite came in the mail yesterday. HOORAY! Oh, and also that the Time Warner lady I talked to today told me to "have a blessed day"... so I am.

3 comments:

Julie said...

HOoray for Leigh's blog! I like chocolate.

steph+kyle=The McKemys said...

yay! another blog for me to read at work!! soon enough my life will be interesting enough to merit a blog

Catrina said...

i'm on the bandwagon - i love e. cullen - where's my chocolate?